Values & Policies
We have core values that we practice. We believe that the following qualities are essential to artistic development and leadership in our community. These are the qualities we want to support in ourselves, our dancers, and our community:
- Community– Celebrating together
- Grace– Carrying ourselves with elegance in the world
- Creativity– Awakening imagination
- Engagement– Connecting to hearts and minds
- Innovation– Exploring possibilities
- Inspiration– Inviting leadership
- Enrichment– Fostering the future
- Excellence– Aspiring to brilliance
Integrity – Cultivating agency and responsibility
Inclusion – Embracing diversity
- Gratitude– Giving thanks for beauty and wonder in the world
In addition, we continually strive to create an environment where we all treat each other with dignity, kindness, and respect.
Attendance is taken in every class. Students are asked to attend classes regularly and to inform the Academy at 406.582.8702, or firstname.lastname@example.org, if going to be absent.
In order to create a safe and healthy environment that fosters learning, we ask that all students:
- Respect Their Peers — treat everyone around them with dignity, kindness, and respect
- Respect Their Instructors — demonstrate a respectful attitude and polite behavior both in and out of the studio, put one’s best effort forward and remain open to instructor’s corrections and feedback, carefully treat the Academy’s and other people’s property
- Respect Themselves — attend classes regularly, arriving on time and well prepared
Above all, we strive to carry ourselves with grace in the world.
For all levels of Ballet, uniforms are required. The leotard requirement for each level is listed below. Uniforms, tights, ballet slippers, and knitwear are available for purchase at the studio.
All students should have elastics sewn on their ballet slippers and not tied in a knot or safety pinned. Please ask the instructor, should you have any questions.
Girls — pink tights, pink ballet slippers. Hair should be pulled back off the face, with longer hair secured neatly in a bun
- Pre-primary A & B: Wear Moi LINA dress w/MBC logo (White)
- Primary A, B & C: Wear Moi LINA dress w/MBC logo (Lilac)
- Level 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5: Wear Moi FAUSTINE leotard w/MBC logo (Prune)
- Intermediate/Advanced: Wear Moi FAUSTINE leotard w/MBC logo (Dark Grey)
- Additional for 3+ classes/week: Wear Moi FAUSTINE leotard w/MBC logo (Black)
- Adult Ballet: Wear Moi FAUSTINE leotard w/MBC logo (Navy)
Boys — white T-shirt, black tights, jazz pants or shorts, black ballet slippers
For all levels of Conditioning, PBT, Pilates, Yoga, Contemporary, and Modern:
- Girls — leotard, jazz pants/capris, and sneakers, jazz shoes or instructor preference. Warm-ups may be worn. Hair should be pulled back off the face, with longer hair secured neatly in a bun
- Boys — t-shirt, jazz pants or shorts, and sneakers, jazz shoes or instructor preference
Advancement to the next class level depends on each student’s individual progress and is at the discretion of the Academy Director. Inconsistent attendance may influence a student’s placement. The Academy Director is available to discuss all questions pertaining to placement, advancement, training, classroom behavior and performing opportunities.
Montana Ballet Company does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors and clients. Montana Ballet Company is proud to support the Montana Racial Equity Project.