The Academy, Montana Ballet Company’s official educational facility, provides the finest classical ballet instruction for students age 3 to pre-professional. With a humanistic approach, The Academy’s professional faculty introduces children and adults alike to the art, discipline, and beauty of classical ballet, enriching the minds and spirits of those who aspire to learn the art form and establish a profound and life-long relationship with dance.
Our preeminent training focuses on the attainment of technical ability and artistry, as well as teaching meaningful and important life skills.
We believe that dance is a holistic practice embodying not only classical ballet technique and discipline, but also the many life lessons learned in the unique setting of the studio.
– Elizabeth DeFanti, MBC Artistic Director
Students from our Academy audition and are accepted to summer programs throughout the United States. Our students have attended American Ballet Theatre, Joffrey Ballet, Ballet West, Harid Conservatory, and other prestigious schools. Their acceptance into these programs is a tribute to their dedication and the high-quality training they receive at the Montana Ballet Company and Academy.
Special Guest Faculty
We have core values that we practice. We believe that the following qualities are essential to artistic development and leadership in our community. These are the qualities we want to support in ourselves, our dancers, and our community:
- Community– Celebrating together
- Grace– Carrying ourselves with elegance in the world
- Creativity– Awakening imagination
- Engagement– Connecting to hearts and minds
- Innovation– Exploring possibilities
- Inspiration– Inviting leadership
- Enrichment– Fostering the future
- Excellence– Aspiring to brilliance
- Empowerment– Cultivating agency and responsibility
- Gratitude– Giving thanks for beauty and wonder in the world
In addition, we continually strive to create an environment where we all treat each other with dignity, kindness and respect.